In Corporate Finance and Securities, We offer a wide range of services in equity and debt issues, stock exchange and regulatory work, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring of private or public financial businesses, public offering and private placements, local/international loan finance, syndicated lending and security transactions, joint ventures, technology transfers, negotiation and drafting of various financial documentation e.g. finance leases, loan and security agreements.
Examples of the Firm’s extensive experience in corporate finance and securities include:
- Equity and debt issues, investment banking, public offering and private placements of securities by local and foreign issuers.
- Due diligence reports for a myriad of prospective investors internationally.
- Advising a leading international financial institution on the relevant Ghanaian law in the floating of exchangeable bonds on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising clients on floated convertible bonds on the London and New York Stock Exchanges.
- Advising on mergers, reconstructions and restructuring of financial businesses.
- Providing advice on Ghanaian law in relation to foreign ownership of securities, local market practice governing trading and settlement of securities.
- Advising on gold mining concessions including the raising of capital from a syndicate of lenders from the United Kingdom.
- Assisted in preparing draft Regulations for Collective Investment Schemes such as mutual funds and unit trusts in Ghana, in conjunction with the Economic and Legal Advisory Services Division of the Commonwealth Secretariat and the Ghana Stock Exchange.
- Acting as transaction advisors for the re-structuring of legal and financial arrangements for the water sector privatization, Airlines and Railways projects in Ghana.
- Advising on legal and regulatory environment and local licensing requirements for the issuance of debt securities in Ghana.